Monday, March 8, 2010

Barely alive

Ughhhhh I have a miserable cold. My grandfather had a charming expression for days like these: "I feel like sh*t on a stick." Classy, huh? But it kind of fits.

I spent the weekend mostly in bed. Somehow my husband managed to catch the cold as well, despite keeping his distance, and he's miserable too. These are not happy times in our household. The dog, of course, is oblivious.

And I have Metric's Help I'm Alive running on loop in my head... again... catchy song but it gets old somewhere around the 150th repeat.

I'm teaching tonight as well, meaning a late night (the class is 7-10). I hope I don't pass on this cold to all of my students.

I still have the blues, despite it being a nice (sunny, but cool) spring day. I'm that far gone that seeing my neighbours' kids playing in their yards is bringing me to tears. Just at a low point, I guess. I'm going to try to keep off Twitter today if I can - there's bound to be more mom/pregnancy talk than I can take atm.

That's the only news around here...

OH and don't forget to enter my two giveaways... one ends tomorrow, the other has only a few days left. Links at top left!

5 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! *hugs* to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping you feel better soon...big hug (((())))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Shit on a stick like poop in a group? :-) Stumbled here from Natural Mommy. Hope you feel better soon. Nothing like a cold to put things into perspective. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My LO and I have had pretty nasty colds this past week. It really sucks! I hope you feel better real soon! Take Care.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, why not leave a comment? I'd love to hear what you think. If you're entering a giveaway, be sure to leave your email address if it's not set to public in your profile!