I was honoured to be chosen to review the Bambino Mio MioSolo cloth diaper with Mia from Childish Notions!
Childish Notions is an importer of unique and brilliant baby products - products with innovative and thoughtful design that these two moms have discovered in other countries and brought to Canada! I've been browsing their site and can see a number of products that look like they'd make parenting so much easier. One that just caught my eye is the KiddyLoo - a combination step-stool/potty seat for the toilet that I can totally see making toilet training easier. (I'll be embarking on that adventure soonish with Mia...!).
The MioSolo is a one-size all-in-one diaper, new in Canada from the UK. There are different kinds of AIO, and this one has an attached insert and a pocket (as opposed to the type where the absorbent core is sewn right into the diaper). I prefer this type, as it dries faster both in a dryer if you choose to go that route, or on the line.
|The Bambino Mio Miosolo in Flying Saucer.|
|With insert in. Super soft lining!|
Let's begin with the regular features:
- The PUL cover is brightly coloured and ours has not faded at all over a bunch of washes. Perhaps it will fade over time, but so far, so good.
- The microfleece liner is so, super soft. No pilling to date, and it remains soft when hung to dry.
- The insert is also soft and stays soft when hung to dry. I hate when inserts get crunchy on the line, so I appreciate this! The insert is very absorbent for my heavy wetter.
- No leaks to date!
- The cross-over velcro tabs are pretty much standard good quality velcro. Mia has recently discovered how to undo velcro, so for us this is definitely a diaper for under clothing, not to be worn on its own beneath a dress or on a hot day!
- The laundry tabs have not failed in the wash.
- It has snaps for different rises. My toddler at 17 months is on the biggest rise setting, but this would also fit a much smaller baby.
- As for fit, on my little one who is about 25 lbs with a smallish waist and ridiculously chubby thighs, it fits well.
|It looks super tight, but it's not - she's just chubby. No red welts and no leaks either!|
- The insert has loops to tug it out before washing. I have to be honest, I usually just let inserts come out in the wash on their own. I don't like touching wet inserts (and definitely not soiled ones), and most of the time they will self-unstuff in the wash. But with the loops it's simple to tug it out without getting icky fingers.
|Easy unstuffing loops!|
- The insert also has a handy pocket at the end that makes stuffing it back in easier. I really like this feature!
- It is a remarkably trim diaper
|See the pocket at the end? The loops can be seen here, too. Mia added her toes to the picture :)|
|Look how trim! Hardly any bubble bum at all.|
|And, it goes with her favourite shirt... the one with the DAWWWW! on it!|
Disclosure: I received a Bambino MioSolo diaper to review, but was not obligated to write a positive review or paid for this post. I honestly like it! Thanks, Childish Notions!