Friday, May 22, 2009

Eden Fantasys Review - Part 1

***adult content below!***

I haven’t done a lot of reviews, though I’m interested in the review process and definitely always happy to share my opinion! I was offered a review opportunity recently that I couldn’t pass up. Be aware, this is meant for adult eyes and it’s a little, er… racy!

As some of you may know, my husband and I have been TTC for a while now. And while the trying part is fun, certainly, it can feel a little like work sometimes when you know there is a goal loftier than just having a good time. So with the spirit of keeping things fun in mind, we were thrilled when Eden Fantasys approached me to do a review on my blog.

We spent some time together browsing on the Eden Fantasys site for adult toys (they also sell lingerie, videos, lubes and other things like candles, games, bath products and massage oils, really there is a lot of selection and not all of it as racy as what we picked!!). I’m going to get personal here and say, girl to girl, that I - like many other women - have had some experience with toys. The trusty vibe in the nightstand is not an uncommon thing. At least among the women I’ve talked to who are confident enough to admit it! But we were looking for something that would be for both of us as a couples thing.

So what did we choose? We ended up picking the Tantus vibrating c-ring which is not *quite* what you might think (at least it’s not *quite* what we thought it was! Yes, I will explain that!).
Silicone ring with attachement and removable vibrating bullet.
This toy is 100% silicone, so it is non-porous, hypo-allergenic, you can sterilize it (apparently even in the top rack of the dishwasher?! We won’t be trying that one). The bullet it comes with has a battery so there is no cord to get in the way. He picked the black one (it also comes in red and purple), which I think has a nuance of BDSM about it. I didn’t mention that to the DH ;)

The shipping packaging from Eden Fantasys was very discreet. The return address is ‘web merchant’ so it’s not screaming out that it's a sex toy to your UPS guy.

First off let me say on opening it up – being a novice to the whole ‘ring’ scenario – it was not what we expected. Let’s just say we were expecting a c-ring and it’s really more of a c-&-b-ring if you know what I mean! To be fair the website has an ‘actual size’ photo on it and does give the diameter so it was because of us not looking that closely. My first thought was, oh but it’s huge! I mean a 2” diameter, really, you hear people talk but I’ve never seen one that, well, girthy, lol. Then we looked at the back and when we saw the instructions, the light dawned – the whole package goes through the ring! Whoa. DH and I weren’t quite expecting the whole package to be involved here!

Now my DH is willing to try new things for sure, but this had him a little worried. I could see the ‘yikes’ in his face! He is brand new to the whole toy issue (I don’t think he’d even seen any in real life before he met me) and, shall we say, not exactly comfortable with the whole idea. He’s a down-to-earth kind of straightforward guy. This is all very new to him.

So that is our first impressions… I’m going to follow up in a few days with part two of this review and let you know what we thought! You might be surprised! And I promise I won’t get too explicit with the details but I will be honest.

What would you have picked to try if you had the opportunity?

1 comment:

  1. you are very brave to write this post, in my opinion! have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, why not leave a comment? I'd love to hear what you think. If you're entering a giveaway, be sure to leave your email address if it's not set to public in your profile!