***Giveaway closed - winners: Jennifer & Suzi!***
I have another great company to tell you about, and a giveaway as well for TWO lucky winners! Supplement Source.ca is a Canadian retailer of all kinds of performance supplements and fitness accessories (they have locations in London and Petawawa, as well as a head office and warehouse in Woodstock, Ontario).
As you know, this week the backyard has been our gym - weightlifting (hefting dirt, sod, trees, shrubs and wood), cardio (our backyard has a hill that we must go up and down a hundred times a day, yoga (okay, not exactly, but I have been doing the forward fold a lot while planting - and Cadbury has pitched in with downward dog), etc.
But regularly since March, my husband and I have been hitting the gym three to four times a a week. And it's really paid off - we've both gotten a lot more fit. He's lost weight (I haven't - but I'm there more to tone than lose weight) and we are both stronger, more healthy and have more energy.
I know to make the most of those gym workouts, a lot of people use supplements. SupplementSource.ca has everything from protein packed snacks, fat burner and muscle-boosting supplements, tanning and shine lotions for fitness competitors (not us any time soon!), and even superfruit Acai berry supplements. Personally I am sticking with my daily multivitamin and healthy eating but I know a lot of people use these to help their bodies along with building muscle and faster fat loss. If you are looking for a Canadian source, this is it! I do strongly recommend researching any supplement that you are considering - ask your doctor, look at several sources for information on what's in it. All supplements are not equal and may or may not be right for you!
SupplementSource.ca was kind enough to send an Athlete Armor DryWik shirt for my husband to try out. He's been wearing it to the gym and has found it to be great for wicking moisture and breathability during workouts. I think it looks great on him, too! Here he is on our way out to a fitness class!
They also sent along a sample of Ripped Freak Hybrid Fat Burner capsules for him to try. This is a capsule that "optimizes levels of the body's 2 most powerful fatburning hormones, epinephrine (adrenaline) and norepinephrine (noradrenaline)". What makes this different from many other supplements is that you only take it once or twice a day. The 'hybrid' part means it's got natural ingredients that have been altered or synthesized to enhance their effects. To be perfectly honest I don't understand what it does, but supposedly it works!
The last sample was a tasty treat of protein-packed Chef Jay's Tri-O-Plex double chocolate chip cookies. They smell amazing and are soft and delicious! And guess what? Every order gets a sample of these! Yum!
Some of the other cool stuff that SupplementSource.ca has to offer -
- Grizzly lifting gloves for men and women - if you do any weight training at all (we do the BodyPump class at our gym which is group weight lifting), you will know these are a lifter's friend!
- the Acai 1000 that I mentioned - which is rich in antioxidants and apparently may even help with weight loss (I have read this, but as you know I'm not a nutritionist or doctor or anything like that - do your research if you are considering any supplement).
- Greens for you smoothie lovers
- Protein bars and other snacks (which I find great not only for a pre- or post-workout boost, but also great for keeping in my purse or in the car as 'emergency' snacks!)
- Skipping ropes (great for cardio!)
- Lots of lifting straps, belts, gloves, pads, etcetera - and I have to mention this Leather Head Harness - mainly because Dwight Schrute wore one in a recent episode of The Office and seeing it here cracked me up!
SupplementSource.ca has generously offered two gift certificates to my readers! One lucky winner will be able to spend $50 any way they like on this great website. The second winner will be selected from entrants who sign up for their V.I.P. newsletter!
The giveaway: A $50 gift certificate AND a $25 gift certificate to SupplementSource.ca (two winners)!
How to enter: Head over to Supplement Source.ca and let me know what you'd put this towards, OR one thing that you learned there. Make sure I've got a way to contact you if you're the winner!
Extra entries (please leave an extra comment for each. If you already do any of these things, leave the comment - you do get the entry for it!):
- Follow me on Twitter (leave your Twitter name!)
- Tweet about this giveaway for ONE entry, this is not a daily! You can use this if you like:
Win a $50 GC to SupplementSource at Emily's Latest. Gym & Fitness awesomeness! http://bit.ly/a5OQie @emilyisland 6/12
- Follow my blog (publicly) – 2 entries, leave 2 comments
- Add my blog button to your blog– 2 entries, leave 2 comments (please leave a link to your blog)
- Blog about this giveaway, linking back to this post and to Supplement Source.ca – 2 entries, leave 2 comments and please include a link to your post
- To enter for the BONUS gift certificate, sign up for the Supplement Source.ca V.I.P. Supersale Alerts (top left of their website) and be sure to let me know in a comment!
Please be sure to include your email address if it’s not public in your blogger profile! Anonymous comments without a way to contact you will be rejected. Canadian or US mailing addresses only, please. Giveaway ends Saturday, June 12th at 11:59 EST. Winners will be drawn the next day, announced here, in a separate post and emailed!
(The bonus prize will be selected only from newsletter subscribers!)
Prize will be shipped by sponsor. We were sent a shirt and samples to review honestly, but I was not paid to write this.