Sunday, May 23, 2010

Girls Night In For Cancer


So, the Girls Night In that I hosted was a big success! I had a bunch of my friends over and together we raised $160 for the Canadian Cancer Society. We spent the night chatting and munching on sweet treats - I didn't take any photos, because I forgot! Oops! But believe me, it was really fun.

Anyone can host one of these events - and it can be on any theme or schedule, I just chose to have a dessert party, but you can even turn your regular meet-up (book club, mom's group, whatever) into a fundraiser. It doesn't have to be a huge thing - I had four friends over to my house. And it doesn't mean you have to give a lot - they suggest what you might spend on a night out, but really anything helps. My girlfriends are all new moms so are not super flush but together we still make a difference.

The money all goes to the Canadian Cancer Society and is directed to research on cancers that affect women - cervical, uterine, breast and ovarian. They make it so easy to host the event. I really recommend doing this - it's fun and you do feel really good when you contribute to a worthy cause.

If you want to host one of your own events, you can sign up here.
:)

Lastly, I still have some reviews & giveaways to come, promise!

0 nice people said something:

Post a Comment

Hey, why not leave a comment? I'd love to hear what you think. If you're entering a giveaway, be sure to leave your email address if it's not set to public in your profile!