Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Canada Day!

Happy 144th birthday, Canada! What are your plans to celebrate this long weekend?

We are going to the festivities on Prince's Island here in Calgary, with live music and other entertainment - then later watching some fireworks.

In between - well, what better way to celebrate Canada Day and some nice summer weather than a barbeque? We're all heading home for some yummy cheese (veggie) dogs, corn and salad. We did a trial run earlier this week (never enough nights for barbeque in the summer). Remember the Wonder+ Simply Free buns I told you about before? They are now our go-to buns for veggie burgers and dogs. The classic fresh-baked taste you expect from Wonder, without any additives or weird chemical ingredients. They're delicious!Mmmm.

Maybe you noticed the little sticker on the bag of buns in my picture? You can enter to win a BBQ party worth $5,000 through a unique PIN found on specially marked packages of Wonder+ Simply Free hotdog and hamburger buns! Very cool contest!

They also have added eight more new barbeque recipes to the Canadian Living, Summer Fun Comes Naturally site. I think the Pineapple Meatball Skewers look pretty yummy (with vegetarian meatballs, of course!).

And you can learn a little more about your favourite outdoor appliance at the Canadian Living website, in the Summer Fun Comes Naturally section: “Learn How to Build a Better BBQ”, and “The History of Barbecuing in Canadian Culture”.

I hope you have a fun Canada Day!

Disclosure – I am participating in the WONDER+ Simply Free program by Mom Central Canada on behalf of Weston Bakeries. I received a gift card, BBQ kit and free product coupons as a thank you for my participation. The opinions on this blog are my own.

FYI – I'm happy to try the product for free and receive a gift card for my time in writing about it, but I want you to know - I don't promote products that my family wouldn't use or products that go against my grain. These new products by Wonder, to me, are a step in a very good direction for a big company. This IS the product I look for in the grocery store.

1 comment:

  1. A BBQ is a great way to spend today! Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, why not leave a comment? I'd love to hear what you think. If you're entering a giveaway, be sure to leave your email address if it's not set to public in your profile!