Friday, May 15, 2009

I'm it!

I got tagged by Capital Mom! Thanks for the props! And hugs to all the Canadian bloggers out there :) I know there are a few of us. I'm glad Capital Mom is hanging in there despite the chaos and aftermath of traveling with little ones! I think a lot of people can relate to that. I get a taste when I travel with my husband, ha ha!

So on to the game...Here are the rules:

1) Mention the person who tagged you and be sure to link to them.
2) Post your list of 8's.
3) Tag 8 bloggers and don't forget to tell them!

My answers...

8 of my favourite foods:
  1. chocolate. Any way it comes, love need it.
  2. the baked ravioli bites they used to serve at Boston Pizza. I am so mad at the jerk who took those off the menu!
  3. spinach
  4. eggplant (mmm, eggplant)
  5. baked brie which I so rarely eat but love. I got over the moldy issue.
  6. cheesecake.
  7. coffee (that counts as food, right?)
  8. muffins.
That list ends too soon. I love food.

8 things I'm looking forward to:
  1. being a mom... feels like it will never happen, hopefully one day.
  2. the end of the summer, when we're traveling out to the west coast
  3. Sunday, we're going to Niagara on the Lake with friends
  4. my coffee tomorrow... well, my daily cappuccino, thanks to my awesome MIL who gave me an espresso machine which I use every single day, basking in bliss. Now I'm drinking only decaf which is not quite as fabulous but it still makes me happy.
  5. getting a fence for our backyard. finally.
  6. finishing my first quilt! Maybe this weekend! Will post pics when it happens...
  7. getting the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition over with for another year.
  8. getting curtains downstairs... after a year and a half in the house, we still have empty curtain rods...
8 Things I did yesterday
  1. worked on a painting
  2. ate cheez whiz on a toasted bagel for breakfast (gross!)
  3. took the cars in to get detailed
  4. sat on the wet car seat when I picked up the car and got a wet butt
  5. went into the grocery store with my wet butt, smelling like lemon car shampoo. Yes it was embarassing. But I needed milk.
  6. made a weird pizza with Pillsbury Crescent Rolls for a crust. Sounded like it might be good. It really wasn't.
  7. Told my husband I loved him :)
  8. Read my book in bed until way too late!
8 things I want to do before I die
  1. learn how to knit, properly
  2. go to Italy
  3. read a LOT more books. That won't be hard.
  4. maybe write a book, one day.
  5. have a wildly successful vegetable garden instead of a mediocre one.
  6. Take a train on a scenic trip. Hey, maybe this fall through the Rockies!
  7. go rock climbing. If I ever get the nerve.
  8. learn another language, properly. Not just to get by, but to be comfortable speaking.
8 shows I watch
  1. Lost
  2. Heroes
  3. How I Met Your Mother
  4. Dexter
  5. Extreme Home Makeover - sometimes
  6. I started watching True Blood but haven't finished season 1 yet (love the books though)
that's it - we have an antenna and the internet, no cable/satellite. Though honestly we can watch anything we could ever want on the internet. Movies (oldies and in theatres now), any episode from any season of any show... paying for cable seems carzy. And yes I mean "carzy". If you were in Mexico when we were, you would understand.

8 ways in which I kill time
  1. reading books... like 3 or 4 a week
  2. checking email obsessively
  3. seeking out and downloading music
  4. playing Rock Band 1&2
  5. watching our shows
  6. baking
  7. poking around in the garden
  8. doing little things like sewing, crocheting, knitting, making stuff in general
My 8 picks (tag! you're it!) - these are some of the blogs I follow and really enjoy:
  1. My Mom's View
  2. Fabulous Fun Finds
  3. Optimistic Beauty
  4. Feisty, Frugal and Fabulous
  5. Glimpse
  6. My Organized Chaos
  7. The Mommy Diaries
  8. {Natural} Mommie
There are more of course but I was aiming to include my favourite Canadian bloggers. I made them all 'follow' links to pass on the props! Hope you link back the same way :) Read and enjoy these great blogs!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me!
    I haven't played tag since grade school.
    (we tried with my oldest daughter but she just stands there and screams and giggles...)
    We have a lot of the same 8's!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the "tag" and I enjoyed reading your post learning a little more about you!

    Thanks again for being a dedicated My Moms View reader.

    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers! I also read the True Blood books before watching the show and really enjoyed them. Since you are reading 3-4 books a week maybe you could recommend some good ones. I hate it when I start reading a bad book. I always skip ahead and read the last 3 chapters just so I'm not left wondering (even though I don't like the book in the first place). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also wanted to say that I LOVE Dexter and I can't wait for the next season to start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cheesecake too. In fact, I just made some over the weekend and it was delicious.

    I also enjoying watching LOST. I think this last season was particularly good. Do you agree? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think tv programming has improved in great leaps over the past few years. Dexter and Lost both are movie-quality acting and production, with the benefit of long-term character and plot development that the serial allows. Two amazing shows!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, why not leave a comment? I'd love to hear what you think. If you're entering a giveaway, be sure to leave your email address if it's not set to public in your profile!