Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cookie Tuesday

I'm all excited today because I found this great recipe for Toffee Oatmeal Cookies over on Manic Mother's blog. (I know, it doesn't take much to get me excited!). I'm going to make these today. Yum!
Edit: okay, cookies made. This recipe made 73 cookies for me (I rolled them into 1 1/4" balls and pressed with a fork before baking for a more standardized round cookie). Minus the three I ate when they came out of the oven - had to test them, of course - that's a lot of cookies! I parceled them into three boxes and froze two. This is a flat, crispy-chewy cookie, very sweet. I think next time I would swap out half the toffee bits for chopped pecans.

I wouldn't really call it a Manic Martha Moment for me, because I bake all the time. There is always something baked around, usually muffins but I'll do loaves, cookies, cinnamon rolls, biscuits, bread, whatever - I just love baking. I don't like icing, though, so I rarely do the kind of cake that needs it. Last weekend I made a fennel cake with grapefruit glaze from Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Vegetarian. I think it was pretty good, but a little bland. Next time I will add some Pastis to kick up the fennel flavour, and maybe add some lemon to the glaze.

2 comments:

Hey, why not leave a comment? I'd love to hear what you think. If you're entering a giveaway, be sure to leave your email address if it's not set to public in your profile!