Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Toes

I needed a re-do on my toes, and was busy during her nap, so it happened while she was awake. Of course, my toddler was fascinated.

"Mummy! Toes!" she said.

and then, much louder:

"MIA! TOES! PEASE!!!"

So I did.

Never thought I'd be painting an 18 month old's toes - it just happened. And yes, it's very cute! She loves it and keeps talking about her toes.

I'm not sure about it, though.

Why? Well...

- am I setting some kind of precedent here? Some kind of image/beauty thing? I don't even want to get into that. I mean, she's seen me apply makeup before and obviously has seen my painted toenails before... but to do it to/for her, that's different.
.
- I didn't have kiddie paint so used regular... what about toxins?

Hmm.




2 comments:

  1. All in moderation.... If you embrace her fascination with your beauty routines it will help her be a more rounded individual.... Nothing wrong with a daughter watching her mother take pride in her appearance!! As with the toxins you are able to get the nail polish without the harsh chemicals in them.... As long as the nail polish is not on the finger nails, should all be good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blogged about painting nails while pregnant and did a lot of research at that time. Basically, while kiddie paint is best, most nail polish brands are phasing out the worst chemicals. All of the most recent polishes I've bought are without formaldehyde and the other two bad ones (which I can't remember top of my head). I wouldn't worry, especially as she isn't putting her toes in her mouth, and I assume you did it in a well-ventilated area. :)

    I agree with the previous comment - Watching you take pride in your appearance is a good thing. My 2 year old son plays in my makeup and I've painted his fingers and toes. It's cute! No different to me than dressing our kids in cute clothes. Plus you get a bonding experience!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, why not leave a comment? I'd love to hear what you think. If you're entering a giveaway, be sure to leave your email address if it's not set to public in your profile!