Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Bump at 36 1/2 weeks

I haven't shared a bump photo in ages, so here it is. I'm 36 weeks plus 3 days (or 5 days, depending who you ask!). Pretty close to full term. My husband is convinced she can come any time now. Me, I'm getting a little more apprehensive about the birth.

This morning I was trying to visualize what I would feel like if the contractions started today - and I got pretty excited about the prospect of finally meeting our baby girl.

I am afraid of the pain, afraid of having to get a c-section, and afraid of losing the baby still, but I'm also confident that I can get through it, whatever happens.

She could come any time between now and February 16th... what a window! I think the suspense is the worst part!

7 comments:

  1. I've birthed 5 babies and I'm the world's biggest wimp about pain. I worried each and every time and got through it just fine. I had Rx with the first four but by the time I asked for them with the 5th I was at 10cm.....
    and I don't do epidurals because the thought of a needle in my spine is too much

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are almost there! I think it's the not knowing, haven't-been-there-yet that makes the first birth a little scary. You'll do fine once it starts and when it's all over you'll know what to expect it to be like the next time around and it will be more assuring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! You must be so excited! You look great! Looks like she may be an Aquarius! Aquarius' are pretty awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're looking great. I am so excited to hear your birth story. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh,l love it. (Yep, behind in my reader again!)
    Pregnancy suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know it's impossible not to worry but I recall thinking if only I could've spent all the energy I used on worrying on something (anything) else. Thankfully there's a wonderful little prize to enjoy... although I have to admit to being too exhausted for the first few hours to fully appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, why not leave a comment? I'd love to hear what you think. If you're entering a giveaway, be sure to leave your email address if it's not set to public in your profile!