If you have done any looking at all at maternity products, you will recognize some of the biggest names among the brands they carry. I left it up to Cheryl, the owner, to select a top and I could not have been more thrilled with what she chose for me.And, if you are in or near Toronto, they're having a customer appreciation event in store this weekend (October 21-24) - 25% off all maternity and breastfeeding!
The top I got to try is a transitional maternity and nursing top by the Swedish line boob. I am a big fan of boob designs - they are always so flattering and practical. I have a few boob pieces already in heavy rotation in my wardrobe! It's great to be able to pick up fashions from this line at a Canadian retailer! Plus, I love the colour. Forgive the photos - with my husband working in Calgary, I'm my own photographer these days!
The top is super comfy and flattering as well. It is roomy enough for my belly (getting bigger every day, it seems), and I can tell that the flowy design will be flattering to my post-natal figure as well - with the fitted smocking over the empire waist emphasizing that I still have a figure! The layering of the top gives it very easy and discreet access for nursing as well. I love that this is something I will be able to wear not just for the next few months but for much longer.
Another product I have tried from my bump is the Belly Jelly. I have told you about my morning belly cream that I'm using. This is the one I use for a nightly application. I'm sure you experienced mamas know that a good belly cream is such a relief for tight growing skin. I've been using it every single night for probably 2-3 months now (I picked it up a while back).
You know I'm a stickler for checking what's in the products that I use, and the ingredients list is as follows: Lavender Flowers, oats, soya bean oil, wheatgerm oil, coconut oil, shea butter, evening primrose oil, beeswax, tocopherol (vitamin E), lavender and palma rosa essential oils. All natural, all safe, and it smells so yummy - an herbal scent. You can see that it lasts ages - this is mine after using it for months! I do find that because it's an oil-based product that it's more perfect for night than day. I like a quick-absorbing water-based product for day. But for night, a soothing belly massage with this is just what a mama-to-be needs. And between this and the one I use in the morning, so far so good... no stretch marks (yet)!
my bump maternity has offered a giveaway for one of my readers!
How to enter: Visit my bump maternity, and tell me what you love from the store! Please be sure to include your email if it’s not public in your blogger profile! This is the mandatory entry - do this first!
Extra entries: Bonus time! Leave a comment for each extra entry.
- Become a fan of/"like" my bump on Facebook (mention your first name and last initial in your comment). Already do? That counts!
- Follow @mybump on Twitter (leave your Twitter name!). Already do? That counts!
- sign up for the my bump newsletter (on the left sidebar of the my bump website). A great way to find out first about upcoming sales!
- Follow me on Twitter (leave your Twitter name!). Already do? That counts!
- Tweet about this giveaway (once - this is not a daily!) and leave me the permalink. You can use this for your tweet, if you like:
"#Win a $25 Gift Certificate to My Bump at Emily's Latest @emilyisland. #maternity & more! @mybump http://bit.ly/afof90 US/CAN ends 11/7"
- Follow my blog (publicly) – 2 entries, leave 2 comments. Already do? That counts!
- Add my blog button to your blog - leave the URL. Already have it? That counts!
- Blog about this giveaway, linking back to this post and to my bump – 2 entries, leave 2 comments and please include a link to your post
- Tell me your favourite maternity or nursing brand. Do you love boob like me, or have you got another one to recommend?
A big thank you to my bump for this review opportunity! I received a top to review, but was not paid for this post and the opinions are my own.