Thursday, December 3, 2009

Catch-up Thursday

I found a dress for the Christmas party we're going to tomorrow night at Winners. The dress was originally $70 marked down to $40, the shoes are Guess, marked down from $120 to $70 (eeps, still pricey), and I also picked up Calvin Klein nylons ($5) and a bra ($8). I know it's not a great photo (blurry much?) and no, I didn't bother doing my hair or makeup today! It's not a super fancy dress, I figure as a LBD it will last me through a few different functions. I will dress it up with some jewelery.

The only thing I'm not happy about is the control top panty hose... the waist slides down after only a few minutes and leaves me with a bulge above and below the elastic. Not cool. I am smack in the centre of the size category so they shouldn't be too small like that. Argh. I will have to go through my old pairs and try to find one that isn't holey, doesn't slide down, and hasn't shot the elastic... that might be tough. I hate nylons!

I wish I could post pics from our trip to Mexico. Unfortunately I was the one with the camera most of the time, and there are no decent photos of me... My DH took over once in a while, but although I love him to bits, he's not the best portrait photographer I know. Of course I'm not exactly the most photogenic person either so it's probably not his fault the pics of me came out looking like I have crazy-face. Some of our friends took photos here and there, but I haven't seen any of them.

Don't forget to enter my delicious giveaway as well if you haven't yet!

4 comments:

  1. It's a cute dress. And looks like it will be easy to dress up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dress - looks versatile! I love dresses like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out, Emily. So glad you like the lip balm :) I think your dress is fabulous...you can definitely get a lot of wear out of it by dressing it up or down with accessory and shoe changes...great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, why not leave a comment? I'd love to hear what you think. If you're entering a giveaway, be sure to leave your email address if it's not set to public in your profile!