Sunday, December 13, 2009

That other thing I do...

Hey! I've been featured on Smart People I Know. Aw, shucks!

And if any of you actually like my paintings, I've started a Facebook page for my artwork. It's brand new!

On the home front, we went yesterday to get a Christmas tree. It's our first year getting a real tree together. It was a family tradition at my house, but DH's family always had an artificial tree. We finally passed on the family tree to his younger sister and this year the real tree came home.

I totally wasn't feeling Christmas, as you know (thanks so much for the support and kind comments, btw) - but this helped some. It's not the same as I'd hoped it would be this year, but it is what it is. We spent about an hour wandering the tree farm, looking for our perfect tree. We chose a Balsam Fir.

These cuties cut down the tree:And here it is all decorated and lit up! DH decided the fish tank needed some lights too :)Today I'm doing some comfort baking - Molasses Spice cookies, and Chocolate Pecan shortbread. Ostensibly for Christmas, but really because I love to bake and it makes me feel happy when I'm feeling down.

0 nice people said something:

Post a Comment

Hey, why not leave a comment? I'd love to hear what you think. If you're entering a giveaway, be sure to leave your email address if it's not set to public in your profile!