Friday, March 9, 2012

Glad to Go! Review

I recently had the opportunity to try out the new Glad to Go salad containers. I really do not like a soggy salad (who does?) and these are a great way to preserve the freshness of your salad when you are on the go.

The containers are generously sized for a single portion of salad, and the lid has a spot to snap in a mini container (included) which holds the perfect amount of dressing. It seals well and I have had no leaks. We've been eating more salad lately, as I've recently discovered that I am not allergic to ALL lettuce; I can eat romaine without consequences! Hooray! So, more salads on the menu, which is great.

My favourite salad in the last few weeks has been a Strawberry Spinach Salad that I found online. It's really fabulous and quick (!), definitely worth a try. If you do make it, forget the hour-long wait for the dressing - just pop it in the microwave for 30-40 seconds to dissolve the sugar. And beware, those poppy seeds do tend to hang around in your smile!

Anyway, I recommend the Glad to Go containers if you are in the habit of making salads to take along in lunches, or extra for the next day. I like that they are fairly compact to store (the little containers can all go in the big ones, and the lids are interlocking). They are also BPA-free. Though I never heat food in plastic (ick, leaching chemicals, no thanks), I don't mind storing cold food in them. Hopefully down the line we don't find out that is unhealthy as well!

disclosure: I received product samples to try out, for free. I was not paid for this review and it's my honest opinion!

1 comment:

  1. I should do my review of these on my blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, why not leave a comment? I'd love to hear what you think. If you're entering a giveaway, be sure to leave your email address if it's not set to public in your profile!